1797Re: [json] A couple of JSON questions

  • John Cowan
    Jan 1, 2012
      Paul C. Bryan scripsit:

      > RFC 4627: "When JSON is written in UTF-8, JSON is 8bit compatible."

      I think that statement is just a false assertion rather than a normative
      restriction.

      > This limits the length of JSON strings to 994 octets.

      Nobody imposes any such limit.

      > 2. Non-unique object members
      >
      > RFC 4627: "The names within an object SHOULD be unique." Why was
      > SHOULD selected rather than MUST?

      That's a very good question.

      --
      We are lost, lost. No name, no business, no Precious, nothing. Only empty.
      Only hungry: yes, we are hungry. A few little fishes, nassty bony little