1648Re: A new java JSON API + Up to date benchmarks and test for most existing Json API.

  • uriel.chemouni
    May 16, 2011
      Hi Tatu,
      > - where is source?

      I can publish (I'm not shure) a working copy of the benching software, due to d├ępendances licence.
      However I have just upload the full benchmark package in the SVN of json-smart:
      http://json-smart.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/bench/

      > - JSON used?
      json data look ,like:
      {"K1":"V1","K2":"V2","K3":"V3"}
      Key can be: "firstname", "lastname", "date", "len", "shape", "gate", "foo", "bar", "city", "site", "url", "age", "action", "level", "password", "color", "case"

      V* : depending of the test (int, float, unicode, boolean...)

      see
      http://json-smart.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/bench/src/net/minidev/bench/json/TestData.java
      for more details.

      > - why is JVM not warmed up -- by numbers it looks like numbers are
      > dominated by JVM/HotSpot runup times
      true, those bench include classPathLoading.
      I should add a warmed up benchmark.

      > - why not use one of existing frameworks to get at least some
      > semblance of due diligence wrt run times, variances and so on?

      TODO :)

      > I also agree in that it is wrong to call this json anything, given
      > that it is for data format that looks a bit like JSON; should be
      > called something else.

      By default Json-smart only using strict Json data, I only use compact json to fill my Mysql varchar(255) collumns.

      > And from this, comparing performance to real JSON parsers is somewhat
      > odd, since parsers actually work on different data formats.
      >
      > -+ Tatu +-

      Uriel

      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta@...> wrote:

      > On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 3:16 AM, uriel.chemouni
      > <uriel.chemouni@...> wrote:
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > I have recently published my Json API.
      > >
      > > Features test:
      > > http://code.google.com/p/json-smart/wiki/FeaturesTests
      > >
      > > Benches test:
      > > http://code.google.com/p/json-smart/wiki/Benchmark
      > >
      > > Project home;
      > > http://code.google.com/p/json-smart
      > >
      > > Don't hesitate to send me your feedback.
      >
      > Performance test section could surely use some work. It tells very
      > little, but makes big unsubstantiated claims regarding performance.
      >
      > For example:
      >
      > - where is source?
      > - JSON used?
      > - why is JVM not warmed up -- by numbers it looks like numbers are
      > dominated by JVM/HotSpot runup times
      > - why not use one of existing frameworks to get at least some
      > semblance of due diligence wrt run times, variances and so on?
      >
      > I also agree in that it is wrong to call this json anything, given
      > that it is for data format that looks a bit like JSON; should be
      > called something else.
      > And from this, comparing performance to real JSON parsers is somewhat
      > odd, since parsers actually work on different data formats.
      >
      > -+ Tatu +-

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic