1598Re: [json] Re: JSON and the Unicode Standard

  • John Cowan
    Feb 26, 2011
      johne_ganz scripsit:

      > In fact, for my parser (JSONKit), which is Objective-C based and uses
      > NSString to represent the JSON String objects, it is not practical
      > for me to create a JSON parser that "respects the data stored in the
      > JSON byte stream". The NSString class makes no such guarantees in its
      > documentation, nor does the Unicode Standard. It would be extremely
      > non-trivial for me to meet a "respects the data stored in the JSON
      > byte stream" requirement, at least in the sense that the behavior
      > is deterministic.

      Normalization is non-trivial, and I doubt if any existing Unicode library
      imposes it on all strings at creation/modification time. Certainly ICU
      does not; it provides the ability to normalize, that's all.

      John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan <cowan@...>
      You tollerday donsk? N. You tolkatiff scowegian? Nn.
      You spigotty anglease? Nnn. You phonio saxo? Nnnn.
      Clear all so! `Tis a Jute.... (Finnegans Wake 16.5)
    • Show all 35 messages in this topic