      From: json@yahoogroups.com [mailto:json@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      Douglas Crockford
      Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 11:44 PM
      To: json@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [json] Re: Comments

      Comments are being removed from JSON. I think that this will have
      minimal impact because existing decoders can continue to recognize and
      ignore comments.

      No known encoders use comments. This is not surprising because
      comments are not very useful in data interchange.

      This change will more closely align JSON with YAML and Python, and
      will simplify the standard.

      I wish to thank everyone for their comments, suggestions, and emails.

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 42 messages in this topic