      From: Alan Kennedy [mailto:alan@...]
      To: json@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 05:05:45 -0700
      Subject: Re: [json] Digest Number 597

      [Mark]
      > For people interested in this topic. We are always open to comments and questions.
      >
      > https://www.p6r.com/articles/2010/04/05/xml-to-json-and-back/

      Hi Mark.

      Nice work.

      On reading your article, I saw reference to several existing methods
      for mapping XML<->JSON. But I didn't see any reference to the Google
      XML<->JSON mapping, as described in this article.

      Using JSON in the Google Data Protocol
      http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/docs/json.html

      Looking at the examples you give about mixed-content elements, I can
      see that Google have punted on this issue, i.e. they represent

      <content type="text">Google is sponsoring at
      visit us at the booth or join us for an evening demo reception where we
      will be talking "5 ways to enhance your website with Google Code".
      After all, it is Vegas, baby! See you soon.</content>

      as

      "content": {
      "type": "text",
      "$t": "Google is sponsoring at
      \nCome and visit us at the booth or join us for an evening demo
      reception where we will be talking "5 ways to enhance your website
      with Google Code".\nAfter all,\nit is Vegas, baby! See you soon."
      },

      In this case, the inline <a/> element is left in XML format, and not
      translated to JSON.

      Do you have any comments on the Google mapping?

      Regards,

      Alan.