1493Re: [json] New JSON superset -- RSON

  • Gregg Irwin
    Mar 16, 2010
      Hi Patrick,

      P> I am developing a superset of JSON called RSON (Readable Serial
      P> Object Notation), at http://code.google.com/p/rson/

      I know there was a pyson project, but if it's dead, maybe you could
      use the name. I think PySON is a much better fit for your notation.
      It's not that your notation isn't readable--it's very much like REBOL
      in many ways--but the indent option gives it a very Pythonic feel.

      I agree on YAML. It seemed great at first glance, but I found it was
      more complex than I cared for once I went to write a parser for it.
      The goals are different for YAML, so it's not a blanket criticism.

      --Gregg
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic