1420Re: [json] Re: IMPORTANT: Remove this line from json2.js before deployment.

  • Andrea Giammarchi
    Dec 13, 2009
      Just to underline another thing:

      On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Douglas Crockford <douglas@...>wrote:

      > The point I was making was that if you care about reliability, security,
      > and performance

      reliability ... they are including the de facto official JSON library for
      JavaScript
      security ... they trust your implementation and they trust the fact you keep
      updating it
      performances ... they are using a potentially "common used external
      resource" so if the browser cached already that version performances will be
      better for every website that includes it plus they are saving bandwidth.

      As you can see somebody could think that your points ARE the reason they
      included JSON via the direct source, rather than their local copy
      potentially non updated and served even if almost every browser has stored
      somewhere exactly the same library.

      So, finally, I would think about a proper specific server or an official
      repository Github style so that people than use the raw minified and gzipped
      version with the 304 response, but if you think nobody should ever include
      external scripts, you should tell us why we all have YUI configurator
      scripts, google adsense/analytic files, etc etc.

      Regards