1258JSON.hpack - JavaScript, PHP, C# (Python Soon)

  • Andrea Giammarchi
    May 27, 2009
      (it was a direct message, I have copied and pasted here as well)
      Good afternoon Mr Douglas Crockford,
      I wonder if you have seen already my latest JSON related project, called
      JSON.hpack,
      an Homogeneous Collection Packer.

      As summary, hpack transform a JSON list of objects, usually a database
      resultSet
      [{name:value},{name:value},{name:value}]
      into an array only collection with columns info in the special index 0

      [[name],[value],[value],[value]]

      With 4 different compression levels, it is able to cut down number of
      characters from 75Kb to 9Kb ( no gzip ) and to make big client side
      elaborated resultSets send via Ajax possible without having gzip/deflate
      compression on client side. The JSON.hunpack method is extremely fast and
      compatible with every chosed compression level.

      I hope it will find a place into json.org and I'd love to read a comment
      about it as soon as you have some free minute (... even if I know it is
      something hard to find in IT).

      Blog Entry:
      http://webreflection.blogspot.com/2009/05/re-introduction-to-jsonhpack.html

      Github Project: