1236Re: [json] Need for "abstract data model" to support JSON, web services ("useful parts of w3c schema", not validation)

    Apr 27, 2009
      On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 10:36 AM, John David Duncan
      <john.david.duncan@...> wrote:
      > Tatu,
      >
      > I don't really understand XML schema or WSDL (which I think you're
      > referring to), so I could be quite off target here ...
      >
      > but maybe Google Protocol Buffers fit the problem?
      >
      > http://code.google.com/apis/protocolbuffers/docs/proto.html

      I don't think it is directly applicable in PB, schema has much more
      fundamental role, being mandatory for operating anything, and to
      generate code (unless I'm mistaken). So in a way it is a strict
      schema-first format. I am hoping for something that allows both
      schema- and code-first approaches, somewhat similar to XML Schema in
      that respect.

      But maybe some aspects of PB might be useful: syntax, other ideas
      regarding versioning?