1218Re: [json] Performance of JSON libraries
- Feb 19, 2009Sorry this message is intended to send to Tatu only. My bad.
Since the result is not published yet, let's discuss it privately.
While I was googling JSON.simple usage, I occasionally find JsonSimpleDriver. java in svn of codehaus, and the benchmark results, comparing with Jackson and other libraries. I think that it's your work?
The throughput of Jackson is high definitely and I really think Jackson is an excellent StAX JSON parser.
I am writing to you because I'd like to share some of my opinions on the testing itself. I know that you haven't pulished the results yet, here's just some discussions.
Here's my opinions:
1. I think different libraries accept different inputs, such as a byte array, a string, a inputstream or a reader, so the preparation of such input objects should be prepared in the warm up stage, not the running.
2. I think the iteration of the resulting graph is not a part of the parser and should not be put in the run method, but some minor operations can be performed to verified that the result is a correct one.
3. Could you also help to test the SAX-like interface of JSON.simple in the way of JacksonDriverStream ing.java did?
I think your work will definitely help to improve the qualities of all JSON libraries.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>