1150A Javascript interpreter

  • Mert Sakarya
    Aug 17, 2008

      I know that this is not a group for Javascript, but this one is the closests one that I can ask questions.

      There are many Javascript interpreters around, mainly Browsers and engines like SpiderMonkey or Microsoft's JScript.
      I like Javascript a lot, but everyone has implemented Javascript for their own needs and for their own environments.
      Is there a stand-alone implementation of the language with all the libraries? I want to use Javascript as my main development platform, I want to include libraries for socket programming, Networking and accessing to the file system.
      In short I want to use Javascript like, PHP, Perl or Python but not within a specific environment.

      If there isn't any, why hasn't anyone thought of that?

      Get ideas on sharing photos from people like you. Find new ways to share.