11Media type for JSON?

  • Robert Cerny
    Jul 26, 2005
      I want to build a web application where the responses to requests will
      be in JSON or at some point in time in a different format (e.g. XML).
      HTTP does allow the client to state a preference for a certain
      representation of a resource by sending the header field "Accept". The
      value of the field is a media range which can be as narrow as one
      media type (e.g. "text/html"). I think using "Accept" to state the
      client's wish for a JSON representation of the resource would be
      appropriate. Does anyone disagree?

      Further, what is the media type of JSON? Is there already a standard
      mime type for JSON? If not, how do we get one and what should it be?

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic