1048Re: [json] JSON syntax grammar is missing 'undefined' literal value

  • John Cowan
    May 25, 2008
      Mark S. Miller scripsit:

      > It violates the objective of being a language-neutral format that is
      > friendly to several existing languages. JSON, as is, is already a
      > subset of Python

      To pick a nit:

      I see this claim pretty often, but it is not really true: Python's
      null is spelled "None". You can make a global definition "null=None"
      for input purposes, but Python's output will still generate "None"
      rather than "null", as well as outputting single quotes rather than
      JSON's double quotes.

      --
      With techies, I've generally found John Cowan
      If your arguments lose the first round http://www.ccil.org/~cowan