1013Re: [json] MIME types

  • Nick Thompson
    May 5, 2008
      I would like to see one additional mime type and associated file
      extension, something like text/envelope+json and ".je" - not important.
      This format would be a JSON document containing an object with a well
      defined container or envelope format, and of course as many subobjects
      as you want to put in there.

      Once you have this envelope it's easy to add new information to it that
      will be ignored by old processors, and you have the full expressiveness
      of JSON for all your metadata needs. I don't see why anybody would
      want to deal with new mime types for JSON if a standard envelope format
      were available.