Re: json-rpc at SVGOpen 2004

  • joshbaalman
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 22, 2004
      Hi Dmitry

      Any chance of sharing your PHP4 code with me?
      I have been using RPC via the DomAPI libary but am looking for
      something a bit more lightweight. My server-side scripting language
      is PHP.

      Thanks

      Josh

      --- In json-rpc@yahoogroups.com, Dmitry Durach <durach@y...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I'm currently working on PHP implementation of the JSON-RPC
      > I have designed code for PHP4 and going to start working on PHP5
      work.

      > Will let you know how will it work on real project!
      >
      > JSON-RPC forever!
      >
      > Regards,
      > Dmitry
    • Dmitry Durach
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 23, 2004
        Hello Josh,

        I'll open sourceforge project in a few days and upload the files
        there. I'm almost done with PHP5 the code looks more beautiful.

        However the code is not tested very well, so I'll appreciate if you
        report on any issues you find.

        > Any chance of sharing your PHP4 code with me?
        > I have been using RPC via the DomAPI libary but am looking for
        > something a bit more lightweight. My server-side scripting language
        > is PHP.

        -DD
      • joshbaalman
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 23, 2004
          Thanks,

          We will need the code to be PHP4 compliant, but we will certainly
          test it extensively in a real life application and share results
          with you / this forum.
          The sooner you can pput it up, the better for us. We are researching
          alternatives.

          Josh

          --- In json-rpc@yahoogroups.com, Dmitry Durach <durach@y...> wrote:
          > Hello Josh,
          >
          > I'll open sourceforge project in a few days and upload the files
          > there. I'm almost done with PHP5 the code looks more beautiful.
          >
          > However the code is not tested very well, so I'll appreciate if you
          > report on any issues you find.
          >
          > > Any chance of sharing your PHP4 code with me?
          > > I have been using RPC via the DomAPI libary but am looking for
          > > something a bit more lightweight. My server-side scripting
          language
          > > is PHP.
          >
          > -DD
        • Jan-Klaas Kollhof
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 23, 2004
            Hello,

            > I'll open sourceforge project in a few days and upload the files
            > there. I'm almost done with PHP5 the code looks more beautiful.

            This is good new.
            I am glad to hear of impl. for JSON-RPC.
            please send a link and I will include it in the impl. list on the
            JSON-RPC page.

            Also, if you have projects using the protocoll let us know.
            It's always interesting to see what people do with the protocol.

            I am also interested in hearing about any difficulties you ran across
            impl. it (regarding the specs).

            Jan
          • Dmitry Durach
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 25, 2004
              Hello Jan,

              I've done a few tests. It looks like JS library on your site does not
              support negative numbers.

              Parsing of string:
              {"result":null,"error":{"message":"Unknown module","code":-2,"details":null},"id":"phpRequest"}

              Returns an error.

              -DD

              > This is good new.
              > I am glad to hear of impl. for JSON-RPC.
              > please send a link and I will include it in the impl. list on the
              > JSON-RPC page.

              > Also, if you have projects using the protocoll let us know.
              > It's always interesting to see what people do with the protocol.

              > I am also interested in hearing about any difficulties you ran across
              > impl. it (regarding the specs).
            • Jan-Klaas Kollhof
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 25, 2004
                Hi,

                > I've done a few tests. It looks like JS library on your site does
                not support negative numbers.

                This is so embarassing.
                It's a bug in the tokenizer lib(lib/lang.js).
                I have to fix that.
                Sorry, I should have tested it better.

                Thanks

                Jan
              • Jan-Klaas Kollhof
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 7, 2004
                  Hello,

                  > > I've done a few tests. It looks like JS library on your site does
                  > not support negative numbers.

                  I have fixed the javascript impl. and the python impl.
                  Personally I am not too happy with both impl. they do need an overhaul
                  at some time. I am a bit too bussy at the moment so any voluntiers are
                  welcome.

                  Jan