Re: [json-rpc] RE: [xml-rpc] New release of phpxmlrpc and EXTRAS package

  • Ernst de Haan
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2006
      Gaetano,

      > > Have you considered supporting POX-RPC (previously called "REST-RPC")
      > > as well? That's the protocol XINS uses. It's extremely simple, with
      > > HTTP parameters as input and a simple XML document as output.
      > >

      > I did a brief search on XINS.sf.net and goog, but found no document that describes the POX-RPC protocol.
      > Is it as easy as 'any xml is ok'? That would be completely unpractical to glue onto phpxmlrpc.

      No. A good example for it are the test forms, for example:
      http://xins.sf.net/demo/specdocs/myproject/MyFunction-testform.html

      Thing is, we kept changing the name of the protocol. Some of the names we used:
      - XINS Standard Calling Convention
      - _xins-std (technical name)
      - REST-RPC
      - POX-RPC

      Now, POX-RPC has been chosen as the definite name. We are considering
      splitting POX-RPC out of XINS somewhere this year.

      Here are some documents that describe it:
      http://xins.sf.net/docs/protocol/
      http://xins.sf.net/docs/ar01s22.html#N10CC3
      http://xins.sf.net/restrpc.html

      Improved stand-alone documentation is one of our next priorities.

      Regards,

      Ernst