json-rpc error field

  • Joseph Ross Lee
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2004
      Hello list! I am just a json-rpc newbie and I just want to know if
      there's any way, I can add custom error messages on json-rpc error
      field. I'm currently using json-rpc python library. Thanks!

      Joseph Ross Lee
    • Jan-Klaas Kollhof
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2004
        hi,

        The python lib is a very rudamentary impl.
        There is not a whole lot of room for customization.
        Whenever a method of a service is executed and an error occurs
        an ApplicationError object is created with the error traceback as the
        msg property. This object is returned in the error property of the
        response.
        The specs do not define what can or cannot be used as an error in the
        response object yet. So, you could define your own error objects.

        Jan

        --- In json-rpc@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Ross Lee <jross@p...> wrote:
        > Hello list! I am just a json-rpc newbie and I just want to know if
        > there's any way, I can add custom error messages on json-rpc error
        > field. I'm currently using json-rpc python library. Thanks!
        >
        > Joseph Ross Lee
      • Joseph Ross Lee
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2004
          Ah ok. So, there's really no easy way of adding puting error messages
          to json error field using python json-rpc lib?
          If its possible, how can it be done? Does the python lib have any
          documentation?

          On 10 6, 04, at 7:58 PM, Jan-Klaas Kollhof wrote:

          > hi,
          >

          > The python lib is a very rudamentary impl.
          > There is not a whole lot of room for customization.
          > Whenever a method of a service is executed and an error occurs
          > an ApplicationError object is created with the error traceback as the
          > msg property. This object is returned in the error property of the
          > response.
          > The specs do not define what can or cannot be used as an error in the
          > response object yet. So, you could define your own error objects.
          >

          > Jan
          >

          > --- In json-rpc@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Ross Lee <jross@p...> wrote:
          > > Hello list! I am just a json-rpc newbie and I just want to know if
          > > there's any way, I can add custom error messages on json-rpc error
          > > field. I'm currently using json-rpc python library. Thanks!
          > >
          > > Joseph Ross Lee
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          > <lrec_companion_043004.gif>
          > <l.gif>
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > Service.

          Joseph Ross Lee
        • Jan-Klaas Kollhof
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 7, 2004
            Hello,

            > Ah ok. So, there's really no easy way of adding puting error
            messages to json error field using python json-rpc lib?

            Depends on how you interpret "easy". :)

            You would need to change the python impl.
            I made it to actually just test the JavaScript impl. and the
            protocoll. To see if it all works as expected.

            Right now I don't have the time to work on it a whole lot.
            Both the JS and the Py impl need work though.
            The homepage too...

            Jan