New member (and lib) onboard

  • Gaetano Giunta
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2005
      Hello.

      My name is Gaetano Giunta, and I am the main developer of the PHP XML-RPC lib.

      I discovered json-rpc today, and could not resist immediately starting to hack support for json-rpc into the lib (for now only avalibale in CVS on http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpxmlrpc).

      Noob questions I have are:
      - has an agreement been reached on the mime content-type that should be used by client & server ?

      - is there any plan to implement std error codes?

      - is there any plan to implement service autodiscovery and / or multicall?
      The extensions that have been developed for xmlrpc to address those protocol shortcomings might be a guidance (eve though i'd prefer going for full WSDl instaed of sysetm.listmethods).

      Thanks
      Gaetano Giunta
    • Jan-Klaas Kollhof
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2005
        > My name is Gaetano Giunta, and I am the main developer of the PHP
        XML-RPC lib. I discovered json-rpc today, and could not resist
        immediately starting to hack support for json-rpc into the lib (for
        now only avalibale in CVS on http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpxmlrpc).

        Great !!!

        > Noob questions I have are:
        > - has an agreement been reached on the mime content-type that should
        be used by client & server ?

        No, not realy I think.

        > - is there any plan to implement std error codes?

        Would probably be a good idea.

        > - is there any plan to implement service autodiscovery and / or
        multicall?

        multicall is done by just sending multiple requests in the same
        connection all having different ids.
        It was suggested to change the syntax a bit and wrap all cammunication
        in an array, making it easier to parse ...

        Jan