Re: Request: option to disable ['something'] is better written in dot notation.

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2008
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "saj14saj" <saj14saj@...> wrote:

      > I understand and agree with the warning about dot notation in general.
      >
      > My use case for requesting a configuration option to disable it is this:
      >
      > Most of the property names are not legal in dot notation, such as
      >
      > x = row['@unid'];
      >
      > but a few of them are. For consistency of code, I reference all of the
      > properties in the object with bracket notation, which leads to a host
      > of warnings regarding the few properties that would be valid in dot
      > notation.

      I have added a 'sub' option to JSLint. It turns off the check for
      suboptimal subscript notation.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2008
        > I have added a 'sub' option to JSLint. It turns off the check for
        > suboptimal subscript notation.

        /*jslint browser: true, sub: true */
        window['alert']('ok');
      • saj14saj
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 11, 2008
          Thank you, that is wonderful.

          I really appreciate the tool, which I use frequently, because I think
          it saves me lots of time debugging, and I also appreciate your
          responsiveness to suggestions.