Re: JSLINT Dreamweaver Extension

  • samckayak
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 15, 2009
      > Changelog 1.0.0.4
      > -Clicking "OK" in the JSLint configuration window closes the window
      > -JSLint is now available from the "Site Reports"
      > -Multiple file selection via "Site Reports"
      > -DWlint now uses the "Site Reports" tab on the "Result" pane of
      > dreamweaver to show results.
      > -Double-clicking the error/warning in the results pane will scroll to
      > the offending line of code.

      These are great updates. It is much more streamlined now. I don't miss the control character much. It might be better if a jslint ICON could be place on the COMMON toolbar.

      The Results pane is the right place. It is much more convenient there and the double-click to find the line of code is great.

      One thing I'd like to see in DW is a JavaScript formatter. Even a good external formatter for JS would be a help if you have any recommendation.

      Thanks for this fine product. You might want to post it in some other DW forums.

      Sam
    • samckayak
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 27, 2009
        Martin,

        Two more wish-list items for the Dreamweaver JSLint extension:

        I've docked the JSLint "site reports" in the right-column of Dreamweaver in the "Files and Assets" group. Now, when the JSLint results appear, I don't need to minimize the report to see all my code again.

        When the "Files and Assets" group is resized, the "Site Reports" becomes white text on white background. Not a big deal, but I thought you should know.

        If the "Site Reports" had an ICON to re-run the site reports, it would be much easier to edit code, then nenew the JSLint results. What now takes three complete mouse clicks would be reduced to one mouse click. A savings of 66%!
      • martijnbeulens
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
          Dear Sam,

          I've got no idea what's happening with the site reports, i can not reproduce this, a screenshot would be nice then i can look into it further.
          Next to that you are so right about the multiple click anoyance.

          Toolbar button will be in the next release.
          I'm working on another project right now, so it will have to wait till january, but i will fix it.