Need to be able to suppress the "Script URL" message

  • Brook
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009
      Given

      var b = javaApplet.Connect("javascript:OnConnect()");

      as the target of investigation, I inevitably see the "Script URL" complaint from JSLint. Since the method in question is by nature asynchronous, and the interior Java cannot directly call script methods, this is the only method available. It would be nice to be able to suppress this since the warning is visual static in the response.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Brook" <mrprogguy@...> wrote:
        > Given
        >
        > var b = javaApplet.Connect("javascript:OnConnect()");
        >
        > as the target of investigation, I inevitably see the "Script URL" complaint from JSLint. Since the method in question is by nature asynchronous, and the interior Java cannot directly call script methods, this is the only method available. It would be nice to be able to suppress this since the warning is visual static in the response.

        I don't recommend the use of javascript:urls in any context.
      • Brook
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009

          > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Brook" <mrprogguy@> wrote:
          > > Given
          > >
          > > var b = javaApplet.Connect("javascript:OnConnect()");
          > >
          > > as the target of investigation, I inevitably see the "Script URL" complaint from JSLint. Since the method in question is by nature asynchronous, and the interior Java cannot directly call script methods, this is the only method available. It would be nice to be able to suppress this since the warning is visual static in the response.
          >

          > I don't recommend the use of javascript:urls in any context.

          I don't think that's really in question. The problem is that there aren't any other mechanisms available for use. One would hope that JSLint would be adaptable to practical needs as well as ideals.