JSLINT Dreamweaver Extension

  • samckayak
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 2009
      This extension has so improved my jslint/JavaScript workflow.

      Some suggestions:

      1 - Single key (CTRL-J maybe?) to launch the validator.

      2 - Launching the results pane should close the jslint control pane automatically.

      3 - Double-clicking the error/warning in the results pane should scroll-to and highlight the offending line of code.

      4 - Once Edits are made, how about a refresh button on the results pane? That would save a few steps.

      5 - A Resizable results pane would let it fit nicely on the side or bottom so the code edit window isn't covered.

      So... when will all this be done ;-)

      Sam
    • martijnbeulens
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 30, 2009
        Hi Sam,

        Hahaha,
        Well you gave it some thought i see.
        I've no idea if it's all possible but after my holiday i will look in to it.

        Thanks for the suggestions.

        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "samckayak" <samc@...> wrote:

        > This extension has so improved my jslint/JavaScript workflow.
        >
        > Some suggestions:
        >
        > 1 - Single key (CTRL-J maybe?) to launch the validator.
        >
        > 2 - Launching the results pane should close the jslint control pane automatically.
        >
        > 3 - Double-clicking the error/warning in the results pane should scroll-to and highlight the offending line of code.
        >
        > 4 - Once Edits are made, how about a refresh button on the results pane? That would save a few steps.
        >
        > 5 - A Resizable results pane would let it fit nicely on the side or bottom so the code edit window isn't covered.
        >
        > So... when will all this be done ;-)
        >
        > Sam

      • martijnbeulens
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 14, 2009
          Sam i tried to address some of your suggestions.
          Could not find how to do a keyboard shortcut yet, so that remains on the
          wishlist for now.

          Changelog 1.0.0.4
          -Clicking "OK" in the JSLint configuration window closes the window
          -JSLint is now available from the "Site Reports"
          -Multiple file selection via "Site Reports"
          -DWlint now uses the "Site Reports" tab on the "Result" pane of
          dreamweaver to show results.
          -Double-clicking the error/warning in the results pane will scroll to
          the offending line of code.

          Download version 1.0.0.4 from http://dwlint.abisvmm.nl
          <http://dwlint.abisvmm.nl/>

          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jslint_com@yahoogroups.com> ,
          "samckayak" <samc@...> wrote:

          > This extension has so improved my jslint/JavaScript workflow.
          >
          > Some suggestions:
          >
          > 1 - Single key (CTRL-J maybe?) to launch the validator.
          >
          > 2 - Launching the results pane should close the jslint control pane
          automatically.

          > 3 - Double-clicking the error/warning in the results pane should
          scroll-to and highlight the offending line of code.

          > 4 - Once Edits are made, how about a refresh button on the results
          pane? That would save a few steps.

          > 5 - A Resizable results pane would let it fit nicely on the side or
          bottom so the code edit window isn't covered.

          > So... when will all this be done ;-)
          >
          > Sam

        • samckayak
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 15, 2009
            > Changelog 1.0.0.4
            > -Clicking "OK" in the JSLint configuration window closes the window
            > -JSLint is now available from the "Site Reports"
            > -Multiple file selection via "Site Reports"
            > -DWlint now uses the "Site Reports" tab on the "Result" pane of
            > dreamweaver to show results.
            > -Double-clicking the error/warning in the results pane will scroll to
            > the offending line of code.

            These are great updates. It is much more streamlined now. I don't miss the control character much. It might be better if a jslint ICON could be place on the COMMON toolbar.

            The Results pane is the right place. It is much more convenient there and the double-click to find the line of code is great.

            One thing I'd like to see in DW is a JavaScript formatter. Even a good external formatter for JS would be a help if you have any recommendation.

            Thanks for this fine product. You might want to post it in some other DW forums.

            Sam
          • samckayak
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 27, 2009
              Martin,

              Two more wish-list items for the Dreamweaver JSLint extension:

              I've docked the JSLint "site reports" in the right-column of Dreamweaver in the "Files and Assets" group. Now, when the JSLint results appear, I don't need to minimize the report to see all my code again.

              When the "Files and Assets" group is resized, the "Site Reports" becomes white text on white background. Not a big deal, but I thought you should know.

              If the "Site Reports" had an ICON to re-run the site reports, it would be much easier to edit code, then nenew the JSLint results. What now takes three complete mouse clicks would be reduced to one mouse click. A savings of 66%!
            • martijnbeulens
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
                Dear Sam,

                I've got no idea what's happening with the site reports, i can not reproduce this, a screenshot would be nice then i can look into it further.
                Next to that you are so right about the multiple click anoyance.

                Toolbar button will be in the next release.
                I'm working on another project right now, so it will have to wait till january, but i will fix it.