Re: Dreamweaver JSLint extension / command

  • Greg Raven
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 20, 2009
      That's weird. The Yahoo Widgets version of JSLint handles (X)HTML files just fine. Copying and pasting into the on-line version generates all kinds of error messages.

      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "samckayak" <samc@...> wrote:

      > I just tried pasting several valid XHTML pages in JSLint and couldn't get past the DOCTYPE.
      >
      > If it validates HTML, what am I doing wrong?

    • martijnbeulens
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 21, 2009
        If found that sometimes the source is being copied from the dreamweaver cache. This means that if you use DW lint on a page, then change the page, it still uses the old source to validate on.
        Closing and re-opening the file fixes the problem for now, but i'm still figuring out what causes the cache problem.

        Ill post back with a solution when i got one.
        Any help is appreciated ofcourse.

        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "martijnbeulens" <mbeulens@...> wrote:

        > After working with JSLint for a while i got tired from copy pasting my JS code into jslint.com, so i searched google for a dreamweaver JSLint plugin.
        > Did not find it though, so created my own.
        >
        > It's an initial version, but i tend to update it if i find bugs or when extra features are needed.
        >
        > I called it DWLint.
        > You can download an installer or the source from this page.
        >
        > http://dwlint.abisvmm.nl/
        >
        > Hope it's useful to someone.
        >
        > Martijn Beulens

      • martijnbeulens
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 21, 2009
          I've fixed the problem by calling a dreamweaver dom function called "synchronizeDocument" before getting the source.
          This looks like it fixes my problem.

          New version (1.0.0.3) on http://dwlint.abisvmm.nl

          Did not yet build in the selection suggested by Sam.
          Working on that at the moment.

          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "martijnbeulens" <mbeulens@...> wrote:

          > If found that sometimes the source is being copied from the dreamweaver cache. This means that if you use DW lint on a page, then change the page, it still uses the old source to validate on.
          > Closing and re-opening the file fixes the problem for now, but i'm still figuring out what causes the cache problem.
          >
          > Ill post back with a solution when i got one.
          > Any help is appreciated ofcourse.
          >

          > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "martijnbeulens" <mbeulens@> wrote:
          > >
          > > After working with JSLint for a while i got tired from copy pasting my JS code into jslint.com, so i searched google for a dreamweaver JSLint plugin.
          > > Did not find it though, so created my own.
          > >
          > > It's an initial version, but i tend to update it if i find bugs or when extra features are needed.
          > >
          > > I called it DWLint.
          > > You can download an installer or the source from this page.
          > >
          > > http://dwlint.abisvmm.nl/
          > >
          > > Hope it's useful to someone.
          > >
          > > Martijn Beulens

        • samckayak
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 21, 2009
            > I've fixed the problem by calling a dreamweaver dom function called "synchronizeDocument" before getting the source.
            > This looks like it fixes my problem.

            Thanks. I also noted this problem but I was so grateful for the product I didn't want to complain about it!
          • martijnbeulens
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 22, 2009
              Reporting a bug or missing feature is not complaining.
              It's more like helping to make the software better and more useable.