Re: Dreamweaver JSLint extension / command

  • pauanyu
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 20, 2009
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "samckayak" <samc@...> wrote:

      > I just tried pasting several valid XHTML pages in JSLint and couldn't get past the DOCTYPE.
      >
      > If it validates HTML, what am I doing wrong?

      Does it validate properly at http://jslint.com/? If so, then it's likely a problem with DWLint. If it doesn't work even in the web interface, we'll need more information. I validate all my HTML pages in JSLint and it works fine.

      P.S. I use <!DOCTYPE html>, if it makes any difference, though I have validated with different DOCTYPES.
    • Greg Raven
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 20, 2009
        That's weird. The Yahoo Widgets version of JSLint handles (X)HTML files just fine. Copying and pasting into the on-line version generates all kinds of error messages.

        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "samckayak" <samc@...> wrote:

        > I just tried pasting several valid XHTML pages in JSLint and couldn't get past the DOCTYPE.
        >
        > If it validates HTML, what am I doing wrong?

      • martijnbeulens
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 21, 2009
          If found that sometimes the source is being copied from the dreamweaver cache. This means that if you use DW lint on a page, then change the page, it still uses the old source to validate on.
          Closing and re-opening the file fixes the problem for now, but i'm still figuring out what causes the cache problem.

          Ill post back with a solution when i got one.
          Any help is appreciated ofcourse.

          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "martijnbeulens" <mbeulens@...> wrote:

          > After working with JSLint for a while i got tired from copy pasting my JS code into jslint.com, so i searched google for a dreamweaver JSLint plugin.
          > Did not find it though, so created my own.
          >
          > It's an initial version, but i tend to update it if i find bugs or when extra features are needed.
          >
          > I called it DWLint.
          > You can download an installer or the source from this page.
          >
          > http://dwlint.abisvmm.nl/
          >
          > Hope it's useful to someone.
          >
          > Martijn Beulens

        • martijnbeulens
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 21, 2009
            I've fixed the problem by calling a dreamweaver dom function called "synchronizeDocument" before getting the source.
            This looks like it fixes my problem.

            New version (1.0.0.3) on http://dwlint.abisvmm.nl

            Did not yet build in the selection suggested by Sam.
            Working on that at the moment.

            --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "martijnbeulens" <mbeulens@...> wrote:

            > If found that sometimes the source is being copied from the dreamweaver cache. This means that if you use DW lint on a page, then change the page, it still uses the old source to validate on.
            > Closing and re-opening the file fixes the problem for now, but i'm still figuring out what causes the cache problem.
            >
            > Ill post back with a solution when i got one.
            > Any help is appreciated ofcourse.
            >

            > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "martijnbeulens" <mbeulens@> wrote:
            > >
            > > After working with JSLint for a while i got tired from copy pasting my JS code into jslint.com, so i searched google for a dreamweaver JSLint plugin.
            > > Did not find it though, so created my own.
            > >
            > > It's an initial version, but i tend to update it if i find bugs or when extra features are needed.
            > >
            > > I called it DWLint.
            > > You can download an installer or the source from this page.
            > >
            > > http://dwlint.abisvmm.nl/
            > >
            > > Hope it's useful to someone.
            > >
            > > Martijn Beulens

          • samckayak
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 21, 2009
              > I've fixed the problem by calling a dreamweaver dom function called "synchronizeDocument" before getting the source.
              > This looks like it fixes my problem.

              Thanks. I also noted this problem but I was so grateful for the product I didn't want to complain about it!
            • martijnbeulens
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 22, 2009
                Reporting a bug or missing feature is not complaining.
                It's more like helping to make the software better and more useable.