Re: Dreamweaver JSLint extension / command

  • samckayak
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 19 6:46 PM
      I just tried pasting several valid XHTML pages in JSLint and couldn't get past the DOCTYPE.

      If it validates HTML, what am I doing wrong?
    • pauanyu
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 20 7:48 AM
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "samckayak" <samc@...> wrote:

        > I just tried pasting several valid XHTML pages in JSLint and couldn't get past the DOCTYPE.
        >
        > If it validates HTML, what am I doing wrong?

        Does it validate properly at http://jslint.com/? If so, then it's likely a problem with DWLint. If it doesn't work even in the web interface, we'll need more information. I validate all my HTML pages in JSLint and it works fine.

        P.S. I use <!DOCTYPE html>, if it makes any difference, though I have validated with different DOCTYPES.
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 20 10:14 AM
          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "samckayak" <samc@...> wrote:
          > I just tried pasting several valid XHTML pages in JSLint and
          > couldn't get past the DOCTYPE.
          >
          > If it validates HTML, what am I doing wrong?

          XHTML is not HTML. JSLint only validates HTML.
        • Greg Raven
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 20 2:51 PM
            That's weird. The Yahoo Widgets version of JSLint handles (X)HTML files just fine. Copying and pasting into the on-line version generates all kinds of error messages.

            --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "samckayak" <samc@...> wrote:

            > I just tried pasting several valid XHTML pages in JSLint and couldn't get past the DOCTYPE.
            >
            > If it validates HTML, what am I doing wrong?

          • martijnbeulens
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 21 4:03 PM
              If found that sometimes the source is being copied from the dreamweaver cache. This means that if you use DW lint on a page, then change the page, it still uses the old source to validate on.
              Closing and re-opening the file fixes the problem for now, but i'm still figuring out what causes the cache problem.

              Ill post back with a solution when i got one.
              Any help is appreciated ofcourse.

              --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "martijnbeulens" <mbeulens@...> wrote:

              > After working with JSLint for a while i got tired from copy pasting my JS code into jslint.com, so i searched google for a dreamweaver JSLint plugin.
              > Did not find it though, so created my own.
              >
              > It's an initial version, but i tend to update it if i find bugs or when extra features are needed.
              >
              > I called it DWLint.
              > You can download an installer or the source from this page.
              >
              > http://dwlint.abisvmm.nl/
              >
              > Hope it's useful to someone.
              >
              > Martijn Beulens

            • martijnbeulens
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 21 5:44 PM
                I've fixed the problem by calling a dreamweaver dom function called "synchronizeDocument" before getting the source.
                This looks like it fixes my problem.

                New version (1.0.0.3) on http://dwlint.abisvmm.nl

                Did not yet build in the selection suggested by Sam.
                Working on that at the moment.

                --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "martijnbeulens" <mbeulens@...> wrote:

                > If found that sometimes the source is being copied from the dreamweaver cache. This means that if you use DW lint on a page, then change the page, it still uses the old source to validate on.
                > Closing and re-opening the file fixes the problem for now, but i'm still figuring out what causes the cache problem.
                >
                > Ill post back with a solution when i got one.
                > Any help is appreciated ofcourse.
                >

                > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "martijnbeulens" <mbeulens@> wrote:
                > >
                > > After working with JSLint for a while i got tired from copy pasting my JS code into jslint.com, so i searched google for a dreamweaver JSLint plugin.
                > > Did not find it though, so created my own.
                > >
                > > It's an initial version, but i tend to update it if i find bugs or when extra features are needed.
                > >
                > > I called it DWLint.
                > > You can download an installer or the source from this page.
                > >
                > > http://dwlint.abisvmm.nl/
                > >
                > > Hope it's useful to someone.
                > >
                > > Martijn Beulens

              • samckayak
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 21 7:19 PM
                  > I've fixed the problem by calling a dreamweaver dom function called "synchronizeDocument" before getting the source.
                  > This looks like it fixes my problem.

                  Thanks. I also noted this problem but I was so grateful for the product I didn't want to complain about it!
                • martijnbeulens
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 22 5:20 PM
                    Reporting a bug or missing feature is not complaining.
                    It's more like helping to make the software better and more useable.