Emacs Flymake mode (was: Re: [jslint] Re: Bug in rhino.js)

  • Noah Sussman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13 1:45 PM
      On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 8:28 AM, douglascrockford <douglas@...> wrote:
      > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "jagarenbraperson" <jagarenbraperson@...> wrote:
      > > flymake-jslint for Emacs, a great tool for Emacs users.
      > > http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/FlymakeJavaScript
      >
      > Very cool. Did all you Emacs users see that?

      Not to go too far off-topic, but I think fans of JSLint would also
      appreciate FlymakeCSS, which is also fantastic, and very easy to set
      up for any platform, using the W3 CSS Validator .jar file.

      http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/FlymakeCSS

      There's also FlymakeHTML (using Tidy), or the FlymakeXML mode (using
      XMLStar) works pretty well with HTML too.

      http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/FlyMake#toc6
      http://flymake.sourceforge.net/

      I'll also just point out that, whether or not you use Emacs, it's
      pretty straightforward to set up JSLint to work with continuous
      testing tool like ZenTest (sorry, no link for that) which would get
      you a JSLint test that happens in the background whenever you save
      changes to a .js file.

      http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ZenTest/

      --
      Noah Sussman
      nerdabout.com

      Software is fiction, it is imagination.  Not many rules apply.
                    -- Richard Gabriel