"delete" with boolean expressions.

  • pauanyu
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26, 2009
      (foo && (delete foo.bar));

      The above completely and utterly breaks JSLint. It will fail to parse anything occurring after the expression.
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 26, 2009

        > (foo && (delete foo.bar));
        >
        > The above completely and utterly breaks JSLint. It will fail to parse > anything occurring after the expression.

        Can you please be more specific? I do not see complete and utter breakage. What I did see was that the outer parens caused the suppression of a warning. That has been fixed.
      • pauanyu
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 26, 2009

          > Can you please be more specific? I do not see complete and utter breakage. What I did see was that the outer parens caused the suppression of a warning. That has been fixed.

          Odd, it seems to be have been fixed. Anyways, the error was that the [id] property could not be read, or some-such, even though there was no id property. In addition, it would report variables as "Unused", even if they were used (after the boolean expression).
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 26, 2009

            > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "douglascrockford" <douglas@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Can you please be more specific? I do not see complete and utter breakage. What I did see was that the outer parens caused the suppression of a warning. That has been fixed.
            > >

            > Odd, it seems to be have been fixed. Anyways, the error was that the [id] property could not be read, or some-such, even though there was no id property. In addition, it would report variables as "Unused", even if they were used (after the boolean expression).

            It would have been more helpful to have reported that sort of evidence than reporting how you felt.
          • pauanyu
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 27, 2009

              > It would have been more helpful to have reported that sort of evidence than reporting how you felt.

              Sorry, it reported the error when I passed it in JSLint, so I assumed that you would also run it in JSLint and see the error. I'll make sure to report error messages in the future.