Re: [jslint] Re: onbeforeunload not treated like onload or onunload

  • Arthur Blake
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 10, 2009
      Not true- it works in FF 1.5, 2, 3, 3.5, google chrome and safari and IE
      6,7,8
      This is one of those useful event handlers that the HTML spec never caught
      on with (of which there are many examples), but which you cannot do
      without in some circumstances! For example, an editor web app where you
      want to give the user a chance to save their changes before exiting, in case
      they accidently closed the window.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 10, 2009
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Arthur Blake <arthur.blake@...> wrote:

        > Not true- it works in FF 1.5, 2, 3, 3.5, google chrome and safari and IE
        > 6,7,8

        I was not aware that Webkit had picked this up. Please let me know if you find any more of these.
      • Arthur Blake
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 10, 2009
          It appears that all the major browsers support it except for Opera... It
          appears that Opera doesn't even support onload and onunload correctly in all
          cases either.