Re: onbeforeunload not treated like onload or onunload

  • legaev_andrey
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 10, 2009
      This is proprietary event handler which can be used in IE only.

      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Arthur Blake <arthur.blake@...> wrote:

      > With the Assume a browser setting checked,
      >
      > onbeforeunload=function() { return "you sure you want to leave the page?";
      > };
      > gives me a jslint Implied global error whereas onload and onunload do not.
      > Was this handler just missed?
      >
      > Thanks.

    • Arthur Blake
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 10, 2009
        Not true- it works in FF 1.5, 2, 3, 3.5, google chrome and safari and IE
        6,7,8
        This is one of those useful event handlers that the HTML spec never caught
        on with (of which there are many examples), but which you cannot do
        without in some circumstances! For example, an editor web app where you
        want to give the user a chance to save their changes before exiting, in case
        they accidently closed the window.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 10, 2009
          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Arthur Blake <arthur.blake@...> wrote:

          > Not true- it works in FF 1.5, 2, 3, 3.5, google chrome and safari and IE
          > 6,7,8

          I was not aware that Webkit had picked this up. Please let me know if you find any more of these.
        • Arthur Blake
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 10, 2009
            It appears that all the major browsers support it except for Opera... It
            appears that Opera doesn't even support onload and onunload correctly in all
            cases either.