Re: [jslint] Re: option.maxerr

  • Michael Lorton
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2009
      Does "0" mean "no limit"?

      M.

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Douglas Crockford <douglas@...>
      To: jslint_com@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, August 5, 2009 2:52:31 PM
      Subject: [jslint] Re: option.maxerr

      > I added a new option that lets you set the maximum number of
      > warnings. The default is 0. It is used only if option.passfail
      > is not true.

      The default is 50. Fifty.
    • Dominic Mitchell
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2009
        On 5 Aug 2009, at 23:04, Michael Lorton wrote:
        > Does "0" mean "no limit"?

        No, it just declares your program invalid without looking at it. :)

        -Dom
      • christian.wirkus
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2009

          > I added a new option that lets you set the maximum number of warnings. The default is 0. It is used only if option.passfail is not true.

          Bad option value.
          Hi! In Rhino the maxerr option causes a problem.

          Lint at line 2 character 185: Bad option value.
          /*jslint bitwise: true, browser: true, eqeqeq: true, evil: true, immed: true, newcap: true, nomen: true, onevar: true, plusplus: true, regexp: true, undef: tr
          ue, white: true, maxerr: 50, indent: 4 */

          Lint at line 2 character 185: Stopping, unable to continue. (4% scanned).