Re: JSLint and DOM constructor types.

  • pauanyu
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009

      > I will add them when IE adds them. Currently, I think it is more helpful for JSLint to report that NodeList is not available on 80% of browsers.

      Understandable. Er, IE still holds 80% of the market share? If I recall, basically every browser other than IE supports NodeList, and that IE has closer to 68% market share (along with all the disclaimers about how unreliable market share tests are).
    • pauanyu
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2009

        > I will add them when IE adds them. Currently, I think it is more helpful for JSLint to report that NodeList is not available on 80% of browsers.

        By the way, I ran some tests in IE8. Apparently IE8 *does* support Element, but not NodeList:

        var body = document.getElementsByTagName("body");
        console.log("Element: " + (body[0] instanceof Element)); // true
        console.log("NodeList: " + (body instanceof NodeList)); // false

        I have no clue whether IE7 or IE6 support Element, however.