Re: [jslint] JSLint using Spidermonkey

  • dom@happygiraffe.net
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 2, 2009
      On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 09:14:22AM -0400, Arthur Blake wrote:
      > None of my timing includes startup time- as my application is a server (web
      > app) and it's always running, more or less...

      Thank you -- that's even more impressive.

      -Dom
    • Arthur Blake
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 2, 2009
        Yeah, it's amazing how fast spidermonkey is... the latest versions that have
        tracemonkey rival native C code:Great blog post about it (almost a year old
        now...) here: http://ejohn.org/blog/tracemonkey/

      • mnewton32@yahoo.ca
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 2, 2009
          Has anyone been able to get the modified JSLint running with a TraceMonkey-enabled build of SpiderMonkey? SpiderMonkey 1.7 is a few years old at this point. So I tried building it from the mozilla-central repository and the Firefox 3.51 tarball. Both times I got errors in the readline() loop. Otherwise the builds seem fine.

          Yeah, it's amazing how fast spidermonkey is... the latest versions that have
          tracemonkey rival native C code:Great blog post about it (almost a year old
          now...) here: http://ejohn.org/blog/tracemonkey/

          On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 5:02 PM, <dom@...> wrote:

          > On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 09:14:22AM -0400, Arthur Blake wrote:
          > > None of my timing includes startup time- as my application is a server
          > (web
          > > app) and it's always running, more or less...
          >
          > Thank you -- that's even more impressive.
          >
          > -Dom

        • Arthur Blake
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 2, 2009
            I got the spidermonkey tips to build and work fine... although I haven't
            tried it with JSLint. But I'm sure it would work fine. It seems pretty
            stable, although it is not a release build by any means...
            I am in the process of trying to get the TraceMonkey version in FF 3.52 to
            build as well. If you figure it out before I do, post back here. I'll try
            to do the same.
            BTW, I solved the newline problem just by passing in my command object,
            encapsulated as JSON... that way you can pass everything you want on one big
            line and not worry about decoding newlines in the stream.