Re: [jslint] JSLint using Spidermonkey

  • Arthur Blake
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 2, 2009
      None of my timing includes startup time- as my application is a server (web
      app) and it's always running, more or less...

    • dom@happygiraffe.net
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 2, 2009
        On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 09:14:22AM -0400, Arthur Blake wrote:
        > None of my timing includes startup time- as my application is a server (web
        > app) and it's always running, more or less...

        Thank you -- that's even more impressive.

        -Dom
      • Arthur Blake
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 2, 2009
          Yeah, it's amazing how fast spidermonkey is... the latest versions that have
          tracemonkey rival native C code:Great blog post about it (almost a year old
          now...) here: http://ejohn.org/blog/tracemonkey/

        • mnewton32@yahoo.ca
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 2, 2009
            Has anyone been able to get the modified JSLint running with a TraceMonkey-enabled build of SpiderMonkey? SpiderMonkey 1.7 is a few years old at this point. So I tried building it from the mozilla-central repository and the Firefox 3.51 tarball. Both times I got errors in the readline() loop. Otherwise the builds seem fine.

            Yeah, it's amazing how fast spidermonkey is... the latest versions that have
            tracemonkey rival native C code:Great blog post about it (almost a year old
            now...) here: http://ejohn.org/blog/tracemonkey/

            On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 5:02 PM, <dom@...> wrote:

            > On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 09:14:22AM -0400, Arthur Blake wrote:
            > > None of my timing includes startup time- as my application is a server
            > (web
            > > app) and it's always running, more or less...
            >
            > Thank you -- that's even more impressive.
            >
            > -Dom

          • Arthur Blake
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 2, 2009
              I got the spidermonkey tips to build and work fine... although I haven't
              tried it with JSLint. But I'm sure it would work fine. It seems pretty
              stable, although it is not a release build by any means...
              I am in the process of trying to get the TraceMonkey version in FF 3.52 to
              build as well. If you figure it out before I do, post back here. I'll try
              to do the same.
              BTW, I solved the newline problem just by passing in my command object,
              encapsulated as JSON... that way you can pass everything you want on one big
              line and not worry about decoding newlines in the stream.