JSLINT.data()

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2009
      I have added a new method to JSLINT which returns the material from the report in the form of a data structure. This should be useful to programs that want to use JSLint to perform code analysis.

      The function report now gives a range of line numbers for functions. There is also a summary of unused variables.

      This had a side effect of introducing some off-by-one errors into the html report. These will be corrected soon. Please let me know if you find any other problems.
    • Harry Whitfield
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1 1:58 AM
        On 31 Jul 2009, at 17:15:53, Douglas Crockford wrote:

        > I have added a new method to JSLINT which returns the material from
        > the report in the form of a data structure. This should be useful to
        > programs that want to use JSLint to perform code analysis.
        >
        > The function report now gives a range of line numbers for functions.
        > There is also a summary of unused variables.
        >
        > This had a side effect of introducing some off-by-one errors into
        > the html report. These will be corrected soon. Please let me know if
        > you find any other problems.

        Using the new method in JSLINT within Widget Tester on a Macintosh, I
        am seeing systematic off-by-one errors in the line numbers of the data
        structure which are all one too little. The html report looks correct.
        [Checking against BBEdit in which the first line of a text file is
        number one.]

        Widget Tester Widget (8.4) with JSLint 2009-07-31 is at http://tinyurl.com/5unocx
        .

        This sets a variable jslintData = JSLINT.data() after any call to
        JSLINT.

        This can be used to test code that uses the new JSLINT.data() method.

        For example, type
        print(JSON.stringify(jslintData));
        into the command line.