Re: [jslint] Set options from command line

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2008
      If you look at wsh.js, you'll see

      if (!JSLINT(WScript.StdIn.ReadAll(), {passfail: true})) {

      The second argument to JSLINT is the options object.

      Alan Green wrote:
      > I can't figure out how to set the options from the command line when
      > using the WSH Command Line version.
      > Thanks
      > Alan

    • wleingang
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2008
        Use this wsh wrapper to pass in arguments from the command line. The
        argument needs to be a single json object with no spaces. See the
        example below the code:

        ================
        ================

        (function () {
        var arguments = WScript.Arguments.length > 0 ? eval('arguments = '
        + WScript.Arguments(0)) : {passfail:false};
        if (!JSLINT(WScript.StdIn.ReadAll(), arguments)) {
        var e = JSLINT.errors;
        for(var i=0;i<e.length-1;i++){
        WScript.StdErr.WriteLine('Lint at line ' + (e[i].line + 1)
        + ' character ' + (e[i].character + 1) + ': ' + e[i].reason);
        WScript.StdErr.WriteLine((e[i].evidence ||
        '').replace(/^\s*(\S*(\s+\S+)*)\s*$/, "$1"));
        }
        WScript.Quit(1);
        }
        })();

        cscript jslint.js {browser:true,evil:true,passfail:false,undef:false}
        <common.js

        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Green" <alan.green.mail@...>