Re: Order of Evaluation (OT?)

  • mbrrtt
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 22, 2009
      And does anyone know how to write code and (especially) how to get proper indentation in posts to this group?
    • christian.wirkus
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 23, 2009
        var x = 1, y = 2 * x, z = x + y;

        x === 1;
        y === 2;
        z === 3;

        You can rely on the evaluation to be from left to right or top to bottom.
        How to indent? I don't know.

        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "mbrrtt" <mbrrtt@...> wrote:

        > And does anyone know how to write code and (especially) how to get proper indentation in posts to this group?

      • pauanyu
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 23, 2009
          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "mbrrtt" <mbrrtt@...> wrote:

          > And does anyone know how to write code and (especially) how to get proper indentation in posts to this group?

          As to your first question... In my experience, yes. It's treated as if you had used two separate vars, so the order is maintained. No clue if it'll stay the same in ECMAScript 5, but I would imagine so.

          As to your second question... I believe you can't. However, those who are reading your post can click the little "Show Message Option" link on the right side, then hit "Use Fixed Width Font". This causes indentation to show up properly. It's only for those reading your post, not something you toggle while posting.