SV: [jslint] The "continue" vote.

  • Jakob Kruse
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2009
      That would kind of defeat the whole purpose of JSLint I think. When JSLint complains about something in your code it’s because there’s a good chance it could be an error. I don’t know about the rest of you, but when I “fix” files for JSLint I do occasionally stumble on some code that obviously never worked. If I had run any automatic tool on such a file, errors like that would not be found. And more importantly, I would never become a better programmer!

      /Jakob

      > Huh. Didn't know about that one. Maybe we should have JSUnLint, goes through and corrects any correctable errors; e.g., put the missing braces around the one-line blocks, put in missing semicolons, that sort of thing. (I doubt it could fix "continue".)
      >
      > M.
      >
      > No-one should rent. Buy this house.

      I believe there are already several JavaScript "beautifiers", designed to unminify code. I'm sure they could support something like this.