Re: Missing semicolon

    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2008
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "ps_praveenkr" <ps.praveenkr@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > function myFunc() {
      > var v1 = { option: true };
      > var v2 = v1.option = false;
      > };
      >
      > JSLint throws the following error messages for the above code snippet:
      >
      > Error:
      >
      > Problem at line 3 character 21: Missing semicolon.
      >
      > var v2 = v1.option = false;
      >
      > Problem at line 3 character 22: Expected an identifier and instead saw
      > '='.
      >
      > var v2 = v1.option = false;
      >
      > Problem at line 3 character 22: Stopping, unable to continue. (50%
      > scanned).

      You are using an assignment expression in a confusing context. Wrap it
      in parens to show that you are doing it intentionally.

      function myFunc() {
      var v1 = { option: true };
      var v2 = (v1.option = false);
      }
    • ps_praveenkr
      Message 2 of 5 , May 30, 2008
        I tried that but now I get:
        Error:

        Problem at line 3 character 10: Parens are not needed here.

        var v2 = (v1.option = false);
        I can ignore this message but my build system is configured such that it halts when JSLint returns *errors*.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 30, 2008
          wrote:

          > I tried that but now I get:
          > Error:
          >
          > Problem at line 3 character 10: Parens are not needed here.
          >
          > var v2 = (v1.option = false);

          JSLint was in error. Please try it now.
        • ps_praveenkr
          Message 4 of 5 , May 30, 2008
            wrote:

            > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "ps_praveenkr" <ps.praveenkr@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I tried that but now I get:
            > > Error:
            > >
            > > Problem at line 3 character 10: Parens are not needed here.
            > >
            > > var v2 = (v1.option = false);
            >
            > JSLint was in error. Please try it now.

            That works. Thanks!