"No new global variables introduced."

  • pauanyu
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2009
      Something I found useful was knowing if I added any new globals by accident. Right now the JSLint output looks like this if you use predefined globals:

      Global alert, document

      If you don't create any new globals, it'd be nice if it could be changed to this:

      Global alert, document
      No new global variables introduced.

      If you add any of your own globals, it would look like this:

      Global alert, document, foo
    • pauanyu
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2009

        > Something I found useful was knowing if I added any new globals by accident. Right now the JSLint output looks like this if you use predefined globals:
        >
        > Global alert, document
        >

        > If you don't create any new globals, it'd be nice if it could be changed to this:
        >
        > Global alert, document
        > No new global variables introduced.
        >

        > If you add any of your own globals, it would look like this:
        >
        > Global alert, document, foo

        Actually, I think it'd be even better if it was split into two lines, one being predefined globals, and the other being user-made globals:

        Predefined alert, document
        Global foo
      • Randall Lee Spence
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 10, 2009

          > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "pauanyu" <pcxunlimited@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Something I found useful was knowing if I added any new globals by accident. Right now the JSLint output looks like this if you use predefined globals:
          > >
          > > Global alert, document
          > >

          > > If you don't create any new globals, it'd be nice if it could be changed to this:
          > >
          > > Global alert, document
          > > No new global variables introduced.
          > >

          > > If you add any of your own globals, it would look like this:
          > >
          > > Global alert, document, foo
          > >

          > Actually, I think it'd be even better if it was split into two lines, one being predefined globals, and the other being user-made globals:
          >
          > Predefined alert, document
          > Global foo

          I agree, it was always nice to see the "No new global variables
          introduced" message. The split method as suggested above would be a
          good resolution.

          Randall