[jslint] Re: /*global */

    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 1, 2009

      > Or, add some extrinsic way of saying, "These are the globals I'm not
      > declaring but I don't want me to yentz me about."

      Right. You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, even if the baby is dead.

      So I am keeping /*global */. The variables that it defines will be const. You can read them and call them,but you can't assign to them. That should prevent the confusion that caused my problem.
      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 12, 2009
        > "name" needs to be writable. It has no value by default,
        > but you can assign a string to it, indicating the name of
        > the window/tab.

        Which do you think is more likely, that a program wants to change the global name, or that a var name declaration in a function was forgotten? We won't get an implied global warning, but at least we can get a read only warning. I think that is the more useful default.