Re: /*global */

    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 1, 2009
      One thing I can do is to add more Assume options supporting popular Ajax libraries. If you are responsible for a popular Ajax library with a small, stable list of predefined globals, then give me the list.
      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 12, 2009
        > "name" needs to be writable. It has no value by default,
        > but you can assign a string to it, indicating the name of
        > the window/tab.

        Which do you think is more likely, that a program wants to change the global name, or that a var name declaration in a function was forgotten? We won't get an implied global warning, but at least we can get a read only warning. I think that is the more useful default.