Re: /*global */

  • sandyhead25
    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 1, 2009
      Good. Perhaps this will inspire people to merge their various JS files into a single file for output at the CMS layer prior to validation. That would be the only way to avoid the resultant undefined errors from code requesting pieces from other various files. The only remaining struggle at that point is to prevent those pesky 'used before it was defined' errors. I consider such a completely unintentional efficiency motivator to be extremely beneficial in the long run.
      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 12, 2009
        > "name" needs to be writable. It has no value by default,
        > but you can assign a string to it, indicating the name of
        > the window/tab.

        Which do you think is more likely, that a program wants to change the global name, or that a var name declaration in a function was forgotten? We won't get an implied global warning, but at least we can get a read only warning. I think that is the more useful default.