Re: [jslint] Re: /*global */

  • Arthur Blake
    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 1, 2009
      Very well said. Thanks for explaining that in depth. I think it makes a
      lot of sense now. Still, it might be nice to have an ES5 strict mode flag
      in JSLint that engages the new behavior- but I understand that it's not
      JSLint's goal to be all things to everyone (although sometime that's easy to
      forget as the tool becomes more and more popular.) I am assuming that
      using the new ES5 strict mode will be recommended as a best practice...

      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 12, 2009
        > "name" needs to be writable. It has no value by default,
        > but you can assign a string to it, indicating the name of
        > the window/tab.

        Which do you think is more likely, that a program wants to change the global name, or that a var name declaration in a function was forgotten? We won't get an implied global warning, but at least we can get a read only warning. I think that is the more useful default.