Re: [jslint] Re: /*global */

  • Jakob Kruse
    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 1, 2009
      I also find removing the support for /*global */ to be a major setback.

      Combining several JavaScript files into one for deployment is somewhat a must. In most of the applications I work on such a file would include possibly several hundred "var $;" statements. That's obviously unacceptable, so we would effectively have to stop using JSLint if this was enforced. If it was an option we would always turn it off, regardless of the reasoning behind it.

      Please keep support for /*global */.

      Just my two cents.

      /Jakob

      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 12, 2009
        > "name" needs to be writable. It has no value by default,
        > but you can assign a string to it, indicating the name of
        > the window/tab.

        Which do you think is more likely, that a program wants to change the global name, or that a var name declaration in a function was forgotten? We won't get an implied global warning, but at least we can get a read only warning. I think that is the more useful default.