Re: [jslint] /*global */

  • Arthur Blake
    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 1, 2009
      On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Douglas Crockford <douglas@...>wrote:
      >> ... it is best to explicitly use var to declare all global variables ...

      Can you please explain why in more detail? Could not declaring the same
      variable more than once could also lead to confusion? I think when most
      people see the var statement they assume it's the primary declaration of
      that variable.

      Thanks

      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 12, 2009
        > "name" needs to be writable. It has no value by default,
        > but you can assign a string to it, indicating the name of
        > the window/tab.

        Which do you think is more likely, that a program wants to change the global name, or that a var name declaration in a function was forgotten? We won't get an implied global warning, but at least we can get a read only warning. I think that is the more useful default.