/*global */

    Message 1 of 34 , May 31, 2009
      I will be removing the /*global */ declarative comment. I am persuaded that it is best to explicitly use var to declare all global variables, even when accessing variables created by other compilation units.

      /*global */ will just be a comment.
      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 12 6:44 AM
        > "name" needs to be writable. It has no value by default,
        > but you can assign a string to it, indicating the name of
        > the window/tab.

        Which do you think is more likely, that a program wants to change the global name, or that a var name declaration in a function was forgotten? We won't get an implied global warning, but at least we can get a read only warning. I think that is the more useful default.