Re: [jslint] Re: RegExp error: Unexpected '.'.

  • Michael Lorton
    Message 1 of 11 , May 30, 2009
      "Some people, when confronted with a problem, think 'I know, I’ll use regular expressions.' Now they have two problems."
      — Jamie Zawinski

      That quote is a little unfair, but not entirely inaccurate. Christian's problem may have been that the regexp generated by

      new RegExp('\.')
      will match any character, but the one generated by

      /\./
      will only match the period.

      M.