Reserved words

    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2009
      ES3 had a huge reserved word list. The ES5 reserved words list will be much smaller:

      class const enum export extends import implements
      interface let package private protected public
      static super yield
      Message 2 of 4 , May 28, 2009

        > ES3 had a huge reserved word list. The ES5 reserved words list will be much smaller:
        >
        > class const enum export extends import implements
        > interface let package private protected public
        > static super yield

        To be clear, these are the words that are reserved that are not actually used in the language. They might be used in a future edition.
      • Michael Lorton
        Message 3 of 4 , May 28, 2009
          Ah, I was wondering what had happened to "var".

          I thought "let" was going to declare block-scoped variables. Guess not.

          M.

          Sent from my iPhone