Re: [jslint] JSLint: Expected an assignment or function call

    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2008
      Clearly that code is bad. How you fix it depends on what it is supposed to do.
      If you delete the line containing

      this;

      it will behave as it does now.

      Re Miya wrote:
      > In jQuery there is the following code when throwing error in an Ajax call:
      >
      > function (XMLHttpRequest, textStatus, errorThrown) {
      > // typically only one of textStatus or errorThrown
      > // will have info
      > this; // the options for this ajax request
      > }
      >
      > JSLint throws the following error:
      >
      > Problem at line 4 character 3: Expected an assignment or function call
      > and instead saw an expression.
      >
      > this;
      >
      > How can this issue be resolved?

    • Re Miya
      Message 2 of 3 , May 20, 2008
        I do not know what *this;* is intended to do. But because this is
        placed in the jQuery website official documentation for Ajax, I
        thought it might be some kind of cross-browser issue. Otherwise I see
        no reason for *this;*