Global variables implied error - not received last time I checked this document

  • starie78
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20 7:10 AM
      Hi,

      I don't know what I have done differently, but last time I checked my
      document I didn't get this error. I have only made slight modifications
      since, so maybe I'm not selecting the right options in JSLint.

      Could someone please point me in the right direction.

      Laura

      from JSLint report

      Error: Implied global: XMLHttpRequest 26, alert 147, document 39 45
      177 308 369 420, escape 19 20 110 396, location 413, setTimeout 338,
      window 52 288

      Extract from my code
      line 147
      alert("doi = " + doi);

      line 177
      for (var i=0;i<document.forms[0].elements.length;i++);

    • mnewton32@yahoo.ca
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20 7:14 AM
        You could pobably get rid of those errors by checking the "assume a browser" box which will let JSLint know about the document object and stuff.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 20 7:23 AM
          Hi,

          Yes you were right - I knew I'd missed something obvious (first day back after Easter Hols so my brain not full functioning ;) )

          I still have

          Error:

          Implied global: escape 19 20 110 396

          Though, which is puzzling as I have used escape on several other lines as well.

          Any suggestions?

          Laura

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 20 7:52 AM
            Escape is not a good idea, or so I've been told. Use encodeURIComponent instead.
            Or I think that's it. Not at a PC right now.